Times and people About me. Swedish lifestile.

My photo
Jamtland, Sweden
I left everything behind: my country, friends, my lovely son and my dog. I fell in love and got married to a Swedish man. Now I'm in the middle of Sweden and that is what I think and feel. Everything I trust to my blog.

Monday 11 March 2013

“A Sound of Thunder" The story describes time travelling to the Stone Age for Safari. It appears that civilization hasn’t changed human nature, but stimulated aggression in human race and want to murder. It looks like that the phenomenon of safari, an initially prepared murder of a giant tyrannosaurus – an innocent creature likewise murder of innocent civil people, is based on the political matter . One cannot but stumble at the words: “dictator, anti-human, antichrist, anti everything”. The story is written after the World War II and starts with the question: "Does this safari guarantee I come back alive?" Both words: the murder and dictator in the tight knot with the question associates in every human’s mind with one of the best technically equipped mass slaughters - WWII. Some anti-human dictators start the war and provide Safari for themselves killing innocent people. Animals don't kill for power or money. They kill just out of hunger or self protection. They don't kill their kind. Butterfly that was killed in the past will never produce its offspring. What about millions of people that were slaughtered over the war times or under dictatorship? How many artists, singers, scientists, simply good people will never be born as their offspring? And then there is lots of blood and terror in the story: “…arms soaked and red to the elbows”, "they wiped the blood from their helmets”,-that reminds me the soldiers after a slaughter in the battle. Bradbury wants to know when the first blood was spilled. Was it Abel? If someone in the past stepped on a butterfly, the future would be changed drastically. Once a man killed and felt the power over the weakest one, people practiced aggression on each other and therefore destruction of every kind flourished. Murder generates dictators who come to power and manufacture the deadly weapons. I believe, at the end of the story Eckels was killed by his companion. Bradbury concluded the story crying out helplessly the rhetorical question: "can't we take it back, can't we make it alive again? Can't we start over? "He emphasizes the point where there is no return and that is death. The moral of the story is that the human race must face the consequences of their choice to start safari and vote for dictators. It’s a science-fiction story and a message for the future generations to live in democracy and peace. Murder is the cause of misery. Therefore it is the key word to the story.




No comments:

Post a Comment